Monday, July 14, 2014

Behind the Blog: Corinne of Pink Avenue


1) When & why did you start blogging?
I started my blog back in 2010 under the name of "The Lookbook" to document my newly married life... I had no sort of monetary aspirations for my blog until about 1-2 years ago when I rebranded my blog to "Pink Avenue." At that time, I wasn't working and needed a creative outlet to keep myself entertained during my daughter’s naptime. Since then, Pink Avenue has evolved into my little corner of the Internet where I share outfit posts, current fashion cravings, and variety of home & lifestyle tips. I love what I do and feel so lucky to be able to stay home with my sweet baby Vera while still being able to fit in some work!

2) What’s the greatest thing that’s come out of blogging?
My favorite part of blogging is definitely the networking and connecting with other bloggers, companies, and readers. It's a virtual social circle that I feel so lucky to be a part of!



3) When you’re not blogging, what can you be found doing?
When I'm not blogging, I am probably chasing around my very energetic two year old or catching some time with my husband, Jake. Family is the most important thing in my life!

4) If you were stranded on a desert island, what would be the one thing you would take with you?
Sunscreen and sunglasses... OR maybe an endless supply of basil limeade… That’s a tough one!


5) What’s the one piece of advice you would share with bloggers just starting out? 
I would tell a new blogger to find a passion they are committed to (fashion, interior design, food, children, teaching, etc…) that they want to blog about. Because blogging requires a lot of time and patience, you need to have a passion for a subject that makes it all worth it. I also suggest high-quality images as well as posting consistency and sincerity.

6) What’s your “can’t live without” piece in your closet, kitchen, home etc?
I constantly find myself grabbing metallic shoes... Whether they are my sandals, flats, or a pump, a metallic shoe is both versatile and glam, perfect for all occasions!


7) On a Friday night, what can you be found doing?
Going out to dinner with my family and watching a movie at home (treats are mandatory!)

8)   How do you balance blogging with a work/social life?
I set aside days that are my "work/blogging days" and my "free days.” This helps me create a balance in life and ensures that I get everything done that I need to. I love routines!


9) What’s your favorite quote? Or what’s a quote that describes you?
This is a hard one. I’ve always loved the quote, “You are confined only by the walls you build yourself” and “A negative mind will never give you a positive life." It’s hard to choose just one!

10) What’s your dream job if you haven’t landed it yet?
I am already doing it! Being a mama to my sweet girl, little miss Vera Rae and a wifey to Jake!


11) Guilty pleasures?
Guilty pleasures include, hot chocolate, shoes, food trucks, and shopping… Need I say more?

12) What’s your favorite “little thing” in life?
Sleeping in followed by morning snuggles with my babies! I also get an abnormal amount of joy from a new bottle of nail polish, an evening cup of tea, and a sweet Honeycrisp apple in the morning.


2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful outfits! I can't wait to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading over to check out your blog now ... love your photos!

    ReplyDelete